Compatriot

71기 수료자 간증 Joo Hyun Lee

최고관리자 0 149 2017.08.20 07:09

Hi my name is Joo Hyun Lee,I'm 25 years old. I was born in korea.At the age of 1 my family andI moved to the U.S. for a better life for me and my sister. I lived in the U.S. for 23 years. at the age of 13 was the first time I went to jail. after that first time going tojail I wanted to join a gang and become a gangster. The reason why is because, I got beat up in jail because I was not in a gang,and I wanted to learn how to fight beter so at the age of 13 I joined a gang.It was at that age that I picked up drinking,smoking cigs,and smokingweed. When I got into highschool everything gotworst,fighting,drinking,smoking cigs,smoking weed,and selling drugs. For the first 3years I went scgool to all of my classes because I wasin sports. I played football and wrestled for 3 years. After those 3 years I got into a fight withmy teammates. The kids that I got into a fight with were all american,and becarse they were american my school took their side and cut me iff from sports. At the time I got cut I had 1 year of hughschool left. during that 1 year I went to class for a total of 3 months out of 10 months. I went to school but didn't go to class,I went to go sell drugs. When I turned 18 I moved out of my house by myself.After about 3 months my mom said she doesn't see me enough,she asked me to come back home for 1 year,then I coukd do whatever I want. After that one year I moved out again, but this time with my girlfriend,6 months later I get another call from my mom saying that she can't sleep because she doesn't know if I'm o,k, so I moved backhome again. At that time I would leave the house for 8 hours a day to show my parents that I have a job. After a little while I ended up hetting a ral job even though I didn't need one. At the age of twenty I got caught selling drugs. I sold drugs for a total of 7 years. I was in prison for 4 years before I got deported.
My first day at Hoengsung was bad. I got here at night time at about midnight and spent the night in the service room.For almost a week I slept in the service room. My first thought was this is like jail, theres a certain time you eat and there were no beds.Every morning hearing that bell I really hated this place. After that week I got my rom witha real mattress I felt like I was in heaven. Before I got here I didn't know how to forgivie people. After going to Yangpyung it changed and bettered my life. I can't even remember the last time I cried was. I was in prison for 4 years and I really missed my family, but I never let it show because you can' look weak or soft in front of gangsters. When I came here and let it all out it felt so good I can't descrbe the feeling. I'm not sure if I received God's grace but I did receive one of my prayers. The second time we went to YangPyung, I called my mom before I left and she was so sick she was barely able to talk ob the phone. Thursday we came back down and I called my mom to see how she was doing. Qhen I talked to my mom she didn't sound sick at all. She said that morningwhen she woke up everything was better. The night before at YangPyung I prayed a lot for my mom becarse she was sick. To me right there was a sign from God that he's listening to my prayers.
My plans for the futurewhen I leave here. Everybody wants a good future with lots of money. I still want a future with a lot of money, but the way I'm going to make it will be different. Now that Ihave God in my life I'm going to wait and see what comes. I know that God has a plan for me and I'm ready to follow whatever it is zero.gif 

게시물을 이메일로 보내기 프린트출력을 위한 화면보기
DATE: 2011.03.02 - 09:59
LAST UPDATE: 2011.03.02 - 10:00

zero.gif 

211.106.73.97 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; AskTbFF/5.11.3.15590)

Comments

Category
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand